MEDICAL EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENT
Medical expense reimbursement insurance, is a policy that allows people to protect their health in relation to illnesses that have arisen in a wide variety of life situations, guaranteeing that the insured can obtain reimbursement, either directly or indirectly, for medical expenses incurred.
Insurance is a private-sector solution, supplementary to the National Health Service, which allows for the availability of effective care, delivered quickly.
The medical insurance market offers a wide range of products; Area Brokers Industria, which enjoys close relationships with major insurers for this type of risk, can provide the product best suited to the needs of the insured.
THIS INSURANCE ALLOWS YOU FOR REIMBURSEMENT FOR THE COSTS OF:
- medical examinations;
- examinations and diagnostic tests;
- Hospital and outpatient healthcare services;
- Specialist visits to private facilities;
- Any treatment therapies.
- Reduced medical expenses;
- Covering costs not provided by public health;
- protection to one’s health in a comprehensive way.
WHAT ARE THE PARAMETERS THAT INFLUENCE THE PREMIUM OF MEDICAL EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENT INSURANCE?
Age. Usually the products available in the insurance market have a maximum insurable age between 70 and 80. In subsequent years, if the Policy is already in force, the Company will consider whether to renew coverage year by year. The higher the Premium will be the later the age of the Insured. That is why it is advisable to take out this Policy at a young age.
Other important parameters are occupation and health history; having a past record indicates a higher likelihood of recidivism. This information, all provided through the completion of the health or medical history questionnaire, will enable the Insurance Company to assess the risk and decide whether to provide coverage and under what conditions.
THE GAP PERIOD IN A MEDICAL EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENT POLICY
An important aspect of Medical Expense Reimbursement Insurance is the gap period. During that period, in fact, the guarantees we have purchased will not be operational, despite the fact that the Insurance Premium has already been paid.
- pre-existing, past or ongoing injury or illness and all direct or indirect consequences thereof;
- HIV infection-related diseases;
- mental illnesses, neuroses and mental disorders in general or injuries and illnesses resulting from alcoholism or the abuse of psychoactive drugs;
- cosmetic benefits except as a result of an insured injury;
- dental treatment when not made necessary as a result of injury;
- Injuries resulting from participation in motor sports or air sports competitions;
- Injury or illness resulting from malicious crimes committed by the insured.
THE FACILITIES OR CENTERS THAT ARE AFFILIATED AND THE INSURANCE FORMULAS
Insurance Companies rely on hospital facilities or contracted centers, this allows a competitive premium, careful control of the cost of claims and efficient and fast service to the customer who does not, in this way, have to disburse or advance expenses to the facility, which will interface directly with the Company.
The insured is free to choose whether or not to avail himself of it. Otherwise, the use of non-contracted centers and/or a non-contracted medical team may result in the application of discoveries and/or deductibles under indemnity limits, disclosed and specified in the contract.